Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Funny Parenting Moment to share. . .

OK, for various reasons my Son has been cracking me up this week. This child has come out with some of the funniest responses to me this week and I have laughed at him several times. But I have to say. . .today takes the cake, by far!

After Gavin's preschool this morning we had to run to the DMV (Dept of Motor vehicles) because when going to my van this morning I noticed my tags expired the end of APRIL!

So, we head out to the DMV. Me & a Two year old. . .YIKES! We get there and the line is SO LONG. And this is the line JUST to get a number and wait! Seriously, like at least 20 people in line in front of us.

Now I don't have to tell you that you see "all kinds" of people at the DMV. It seems like when I am there the "winners" just come out from everywhere! Well today was no exception. Several people in front of us was a lady with PINK hair. Now I am talking BRIGHTER than Doodlebops DeeDee Pink!

It was a sight. . .but onto the story.

So we are standing in line and two "classy" women come up behind us. They started "fussing" about the wait. One of them in particular was quite "mouthy" about it and kept using words that I don't feel is appropriate for a public place such as DMV. Curse words that I haven't heard since high school were escaping from this woman's mouth and she wasn't trying to be quiet AT ALL. I was really getting aggravated. Not at the wait as much as this woman and her LOUD and NASTY mouth behind me. And the fact that my two year old was hearing this as well. And I was really fretting because Gavin repeats EVERYTHING he hears these days.

So before I knew it she started "calling" Jesus. "Well Jesus this" and "Jesus that" "Jesus, why can't they have someone else work the counter. . ." You get the picture. Well. . .it happened. My son heard her. Suddenly, from his stillness in his stroller he jumps when he hears it. Gavin says (none too quietly) "JESUS??", "Oh Mommy", "Jesus loves me, Bible tells me so" and goes on to sing "Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so". And no, it wasn't in a quiet little angelic voice. This woman was loud and heard and Gavin WOULD NOT be outdone. He was almost SCREAMING as he sang.

The woman in front of me joined me in laughing hysterically. We were both in tears we were laughing so hard. I have to say, the "Loud" woman heard too and commented that it was precious. Oh we can only hope it truly meant something to her. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!! jUDI

CurliSu said...

From a complete stranger . . .
I just finished adding a post to my blog, and decided to hit "next blog" to see where it took me. First to some history on Playboy bunnies, then to a UK soccer fan's blog, then to someone who wants backing to try to win $40,000 by July 31 playing poker, then - like a breath of fresh air - to "Gavin's News".
I have a grandson who will be two next month.
I absolutely loved reading about your two-year-old, the cats, and ESPECIALLY Gavin's response to the Loud Lady.
Thanks!
GrammiSu
Bethany, OK