Saturday, November 10, 2007

Out of the mouths of Babes. . .

Last night Gavin said some things worth sharing. . . .How can a almost three year old be so rudely funny one minute and sweet the next??

Let me set the scene. . .
We had taken my Grandmother to dinner and was returning her to her home. My Grandmother lives in a Retirement Community that has Independent Apartments (where she lives), Assisted Living (where my other Grandmother lived before she passed away in Feb) and a Nursing Facility. It was raining lightly, so I had the windshield washers on. It was just Granny, Gavin & I in the van, Daddy had driven separately.

Going down the road the windshield washers made that "squeak" noise that they do sometimes when it's not quite wet enough. . .Gavin in his innocent voice loudly announces "Meee meeee, I fink you passsssseeedd Gassssss!!" (Translated: MeeMee, I think you Passed Gas). We all got quite a chuckle. . .

Then we left MeeMee and drove past the Assisted Living building and sweetly Gavin says "That's where Ganny used to live". I replied "Yes, it is". He said "She's gone sleepy sleep with Jesus now, right??" That's right Gavin, she's gone sleepy sleep with Jesus.

1 comment:

BollingWith5 said...

It's amazing how smart and aware children are! This story was cute.