Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's July!!

Well I'm already 10 days into July and I need to post about what we've been up to!

The funny things you do to entertain your child. Here's Gavin and we're playing a version of "Twister" in the Doctor's office last week. I'm saying "put your right foot on purple" "left hand on blue" and so on. . .it was a fun game!

We celebrated my Mom's birthday at Olive Garden--yum!! Happy Birthday Mom--we love you!!
Here's my good lookin' brother giving the birthday girl some love

And Gavin and one of his MOST favorite people in the world, Aunt Teresa!
We went camping over the 4th with some good friends!! You know we always love a good camping trip! This one proved to be successful with lots of time with family and friends. Dave's Mom came to visit us one day and we got lots of rest and relaxation on this trip. Here's a few of our pics.

Gavin sitting outside the camper.
Looks like some camping mischief going on in the tent by two busy boys!!
Robbie & Gavin went exploring with some cool binoculars Heather brought them!
Looks like Robbie enjoyed his smores!! Or maybe it was a cookie!!
Gavin is roasting his marshmallows getting ready for a camping treat!
OK, you may be wondering that that green string is there in front of Gavin. The first night we were paranoid about the boys falling into the campfire. So I made a "string barricade" of sorts. We tied string around our chairs and the boys couldn't go inside, we just put their chairs right outside and they never walked near the fire. I was teased somewhat about my "barricade" but hey, no one fell in the fire!!

Look at those happy campers!!

Robbie & Gavin enjoyed a few luxuries from home with the portable DVD player and movies!! Who says camping has to be "roughing it"!?!

We have planted a garden this year! Dave & I thought it would be a great experience for Gavin this year and he's really into it and excited. He's helped us plant, water, feed and weed our garden each day! Well on Tuesday we had a very exciting event--we picked our FIRST VEGETABLES!!! Gavin was cheering and hollering as we told him there were some ready to pick! We got 3 yellow squash!

Here's the "squash corner" of our garden--Mommy loves squash!!

Dave & Gavin are about to bust waiting for the tomatoes to ripen!! We'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Judi said...

Yay ... I needed an update fix!!!

You're mom is so pretty and young looking!!! Happy birthday to her.

Those camping pics rock. Looks like everyone had fun.

Kara said...

Looks like camping was a lot of fun!

This Is Me, Doing What I Do said...

I love the twister in the Dr's office! The things we will do...
You have a beautiful family!
The camping trip looked like a blast too!
Great fun & love the pics!

tadamom said...

I just love reading your posts Kelley and I love seeing Gavin's pics -- always brings a smile to my face!